Concept and Structure of the HGGS
The Heidelberg Graduate School for Humanities and Social Sciences offers a structured doctoral programme to all doctoral candidates of the participating faculties and specialist research areas. Its services are aimed at doctoral candidates writing their dissertations individually and at those who are already members of research projects, such as "Graduiertenkollegs". The approach of the HGGS is interdisciplinary. It combines the tradition of relative freedom in writing a thesis in the humanities with new approaches in supporting post-graduates by offering them tailor-made seminars, workshops and peer mentoring groups.
The working languages of the HGGS are English and German.
Advantages for Doctoral Candidates
- A structured course programme with a focus on inter- and transdisciplinarity
- Regular opportunities to exchange ideas with other doctoral researchers and faculty
- Support in establishing work groups
- Better supervision and guidance
- HGGS Coaching & Mentoring
- A certificate issued by the HGGS